- Religious Education in the Secondary School: An Introduction to teaching, learning and the world religions (London: Routledge, 2015)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints The Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Gordon B. Hinckley 300 pages (my contribution 12.5%- 15,000 words) (Salt Lake City: Intellectual Reserve, 2016).
Chapters in Books
- “‘There’s only one God, ma’am’- one God or many gods in the world of the Avengers” in Nicolas Michaud ed., Iron Man vs Captain America and philosophy 5,000 words (Open Court, 2016 forthcoming)
- “Inclusion” in L. Philip Barnes, ed., Learning to teach Religious Education in the Secondary School 3rd edition 6,000 words (Routledge, 2016 forthcoming)
- “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints” in Brian Gates, ed., Religion in National Systems of Education. Insider and outsider perspectives on Religious Education in England 3,500 words (Tubingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2016)
- “The Worth of a Soul: Alma and Abinadi” in Julie Smith, ed., Come, Let Us Reason Together: Dialogues with Scripture 3,500 words (Greg Kofford, 2016)
- “A Latter-day Saint reading of Tolkien” in Lynn Forrest Hill, ed., The Return of the Ring (Tolkien Society, 2016 )
- “Religion in the Ender’s Saga?” in D. Wikktower, ed., Ender’s Game and Philosophy, (Chicago: Open Court, 2013)
- “Faith based practice? The impact of a teacher’s beliefs on the classroom” in D. Morris, ed., Re-Imagining Christian Education for the 21st Century chapter 17 (Chelmsford: Matthew James, 2013).
- “Beyond the Big Six: Minority Religions in the Secondary RE Classroom” in Schmack et al, ed Engaging RE pp 76-91 (Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars, 2010)
Full Papers in Refereed Journals
- “A Latter-day Saint approach to addiction, its aetiology and treatment” in Religions (2015), 6, 1–13
- “Teaching and a Teacher’s Faith and Beliefs” in REsource 35: 2 (Spring 2013) pp7-9
- “The Holy Ghost in Latter-day Saint ritual experience” in International Journal of Mormon Studies Volume 5 (2012), pp 128-138.
- “Interfaith Dialogue: A Way Forward in Setting Ground Rules” in Sacred Tribes Journal Volume 7 Number 1 (2012), pp. 70-79
- “Jehovah’s Witnesses and the R.E. Classroom” in REsource. 26: 2 (Spring 2004) pp16-19
- “The frontiers of Christianity” in RE Today 22:2 (Spring 2005) p34
- “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the R.E. Classroom” in REsource. The Journal of the Professional Council of Religious Education 24:3 (Summer 2002) pp6-8
Other significant contributions to Journals
- Joseph Smith and the Early Mormon Conquest of Death by Samuel M. Brown in International Journal of Mormon Studies (2013).
- The No-nonsense guide to Religion by Symon Hill in RE Today 29:3 (Summer, 2012), p61.
- The Poverty and Justice Bible in RE Today 26:2 (Spring, 2009). p61
- Interfaith RE by Pamela Draycott (ed). in RE Today 25:2 (Spring, 2008). p61
- Hinduism. A New Approach 2nd Edition by Veronica Voiels in RE Today 23:3 (Summer, 2006). p59
- Science in Faithand Hope: an interaction by George Ellis in RE Today 23:2 (Spring, 2006). p59
- The Authentic Gospel of Jesus by Geza Vermes in Resource 27: 3 (Summer, 2005). pp19-20.
- GCSE Religious Studies for AQA. Christianity: Behaviour, Attitudes and Lifestyles. Foundation Edition by Joanne Cleave in RE Today 22:3 (Summer, 2005). p60
- Theatre of Learning, Experiential RE: Making RE Make Sense and Teaching Christianity with the Theatre of Learning, Experiential RE by Sue Phillips in Resource 26: 3 (Summer, 2004). pp20-21.
Research Reviews and Reports
- RE Council of England and Wales, Subject Review of Religious Education 3-19 (RE Council, 2013). Contributor to part of the report .
- Educational Resource Pack for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the United Kingdom (United Kingdom: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2015, forthcoming).
- International GCSE Religious Studies: Christianity and Islam 390 pages ( Glasgow: ICS, 2011)
- “My Experience of Teaching Islam” in Muslim Youth Foundation Educational Supplement Issue 1 pp10-11.
- Buddhism for Edexcel GCSE Teacher’s and Pupil Guide 183 pages (Harlow: Pearson, 2010)
- Muslims in Britain: A Scheme of Work and Teaching Resources 100 pages to accompany DVD (Manchester: Muslim Youth Foundation, 2009)
- Key Stage 4 Islam Interactive Activities CD Rom (Boardworks, 2009)
- Gordon Reid, Sarah Tyler and James D. Holt Religion and Life: Edexcel GCSE Religion and Life CD rom, Interactive resources (Harlow: Pearson, 2009)
- “Guided imagination as a basis for understanding the importance of special places” NATRE support materials for implementation of Secondary National Curriculum (2007) available at http://www.natre.org.uk/secondary/casestudy.php?id=8